Friday, July 10, 2009

Close call with an airplane



The above pictures are of an airplane that almost skidded over the edge of a mountain in Alaska. It happens that the pilot and owner of the plane, a young man, is my cousins, cousin. However, I've never met him and he wouldn't know me from Adam. My Mom was talking to one of my cousins today and she told her about the incident. Did an internet search and found this article about it http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/aviation/story/776605.html through the Anchorage Daily News.


This is the second member of the family to find notoriety. But, apparently he wishes this incident was not so well known. His sister was once featured in Country Magazine about ten year ago or so in the "Country Kids" section. It showed her holding a huge fish that she had caught that was nearly as big as her. It was a salmon if I recall.

Anyway I'm glad it all ended well and he even was able to recover the plane.



On a side note, I want to say "Happy Birthday" to my Mom. Today is her birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home