Wednesday, January 03, 2007

No More Dial-Up!

Well, we finally did it. We got high speed internet. And it sure is making our lives easier as far as getting around here in cyber space. Our time is spent far more productively. Instead of sitting there waiting and waiting for things to load it's pretty much there with the click of the mouse. I've been getting around to more of the agrarian blogs now because it doesn't take forever to just get a page to come up. This is the way it should work!

Earlier in 2006 when our bees where getting established I took some video of Dan's hive with our daughters new camera to show him how things were progressing. Now that we have high speed I thought I'd try and figure out how to post the video to this blog.

Well, here it is below. It's pretty rough and it was originally intended just for Dan to see but, this is just an experiment so here it goes.

Let me know if it works for you. Thanks!









Until Next Time

6 Comments:

Blogger squire said...

Welcome to the real internet. haha. The movie worked great.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hi Russ! The video worked for me - a little rough, as you pointed out, but quite viewable and the audio was....well, audible! :) I remember the "olden" days when we had dial-up. I used to sit at the computer with a book so I could at least get some reading done while I was waiting for pages to load. We're happily connected to high speed cable now and wouldn't you know it? I still say, "Hurry up" sometimes!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

Your video looked good from here, Russ; I sent it to my husband for a look! I am hoping our bees make it through this winter.

10:12 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Squire,
Thanks for the input. As with most computer stuff I'm never really sure if it's working how I want it to.


Emily,
Thanks, I believe the roughness is due to the fact that I took the video with a picture taking digital camera. It seems they haven't yet made a device that can do both as good as the other. Video camera's can take pictures but from what I hear the quality isn't as good as a camera. And of course camera’s take video but not like a video camera. Oh' and the poor quality audio was due to the wind, it was quite windy that day.

That's a great idea about reading a book while the pages loaded! I used to play internet checkers. Now if I want to play checkers I have to make a point of doing so.

Thanks again and God Bless


Lynn,
Thanks for the comment. I know that people in Canada can successfully keep bees through the winter. From what I hear dampness is the big killer not so much the cold.

I hope to post some more video on this blog before long. It’s kind of like having a new toy.



Russ

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I hope we'll see more frequent posting from you. I truly enjoy your blog.

K

6:36 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Kristianna,

Thank you for the encouraging comment!

Russ

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home