Monday, August 28, 2006

Harvest Time



Harvest time is my favorite time of the year. We got a late start on our garden but, it looks as though it is going to finish well. The first signs of Fall are in the air in the North Woods. Geese flying south. Leaves here and there starting to turn. The bracken ferns are turning brown and of course we are eating well out of the garden.

This is our second season with this raised bed which is giving us an ample amount of green beans this year.


I was surprised Sunday morning when I went out into the poultry yard to find a momma hen with 5 baby chicks. Didn't even know they were being set on. She must have been hiding some place. Haven't gotten a chance to snap a picture of them yet.




Basket full of Crab Apples, hmm good.

I didn't think I'd have enough time this evening to write much for this post so I thought I'd share some pictures our daughter took from around here with her camera. I don't know what I was thinking since it took just about forever to download all these.

We are truely blessed to be surrounded by such beauty.

Below are just some of the cool sunsets we get to see on a regular basis. Someone is always calling out to everyone to come look at the most recent spectacular display.








Here is one of our kittens (Clyde) that is surely becoming a full grown cat. He is already on mouse patrol as he sits perched here on a fence rail.


And to wrap up this post here are our three shetland sheep, the friendliest little critters we've ever had around. They love to be scratched and petted.

Until Next Time

5 Comments:

Blogger Saska said...

Beautiful sunsets and really cute animals! Bountiful harvests..what more can we ask for.

10:42 AM  
Blogger RL said...

Everything else is icing on the cake.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi There!

Where does the time go? It's into September already and I'm getting anxious about the lack of size in my firewood pile.

I'm still into my 'summer' mold and working on landscaping projects. Garden harvest is still heavy with large quantities of tomatoes racing the coming days of frost. I just brought back 6 bushels of apples from my orchard from my old farm near Grand Forks. The late apples won't be ready for another month yet.

I sure enjoyed your pictures of your garden and the sunsets. I looooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeee sunsets and watching the sky in general.

May the Lord continue to guide your steps!

11:26 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Hi Steve,
Glad you liked the sunset pics. We get some beauties here. Must be the fresh clean air.

Russ

8:48 PM  
Blogger Ma Ingalls with ADHD said...

Great pics, thanks for sharing !!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home