Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Down In The River To Pray and the power of prayer

Down In The River To Pray
By Alison Krauss

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way

O sisters let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O sisters let's go down, Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way

O brothers let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, Come on brothers let's go down, Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way

O fathers let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O fathers let's go down, Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way

O mothers let's go down,come on down, don't you want to go down, Come on mothers let's go down, Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the starry crown Good Lord, show me the way

O sinners let's go down, Let's go down, come on down, O sinners let's go down, Down in the river to pray

As I went down in the river to pray Studying about that good old way And who shall wear the robe and crown Good Lord, show me the way

---------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this song sung by Alison Krauss. It is beautiful and to me celebrates the power of prayer. Very fitting to what has come about in my families life concerning Kelli's sister Doreen.

Thanks again for all the prayers. And thank you Tom and Kat for the comments it was nice to know for sure you were praying.

Good news! A miracle happened and Doreen was calm by early morning. In fact she was peaceful all day as far as I know. Everything is now going well.

I won't go into the details about how bad it got last night, but take my word, it was bad. It would seem that the forces of darkness wanted her taken out but, apparently God has something else for Doreen and has spared her life. Many prayers went up on her behalf.

Praise the Lord!

6 Comments:

Anonymous homestead for happiness said...

Praise the Lord!!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

I guess I was a bit behind. So glad things have turned around for your sister-in-law, as well as the family. What a blessing

5:53 PM  
Blogger Marmee's Pantry said...

That's one of my favorite songs.

SO GLAD that things have worked out for D. God is amazing!

Blessings from Ohio...Kim W<><

11:11 AM  
Blogger RL said...

Thanks folks!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Coco said...

Awesome song! I love reading your blog, you have an insightful understanding of things. Our God is the Master Healer, "Praise the Almighty One" for the miracle of healing for D.

12:35 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Coco,
Thank you for the encouraging words and also for the praise.

God Bless

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home