Sunday, June 18, 2006

A Few Images With New Camera


My daughter got a new digital camera for her birthday and she took these shots from around our place. It's a Konica Minolta and I am totally amazed at all the things it can do. It can even make movies, and with sound. Pictured are some of our kittens that were born this spring. If kittens were worth anything we'd surely be rich because they have a way of reproducing themselves around here. I always joke that we should get some expensive high bred ones to use as barn cats and then we wouldn't have anything to do but, collect all the money. I can really see that happening....... just kidding!







We were very surprised how the camera picked up the depth of these clouds.



The close ups blow me away. It zooms right in with the macro setting.

Guess that's about it for todays post. I probably would have made a bigger post but, for some reason Blogger didn't want to load the pictures. Finally at 10:30 at night I got it to go through. I have an idea with all the traffic on the web my slow speed dial up gets bogged down.

Until Next Time

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. It is amazing how much technology has changed over the years. It will be interesting to see what's in store for the future. God Bless

10:50 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hi Russ! Nice photos! I have a digital that can take movies, too. Got some great shots of the chicks chasing each other and one of Anna-Rose singing them to sleep. I agree with Pastor Josh about the technology. My digital is so useful that I can't even imagine using a camera with film in it anymore. Seems so archaic! :)

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Russ!

Great pics!

I hope all is well with you and your family out there in the Great North Woods!

We're doing well. Gardens are great. Got our first measurable rain on Sunday. Kinda dry around here.

Best wishes!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Nice job with a new camera, especially the macro. Macro usually takes me a while to get the hang of how it focuses (even when it's automatic).

3:10 PM  
Blogger RL said...

PastorJosh,
Glad to know your back from your mission trip. Thanks for dropping by.

Emily,
I find that chickens are some of the hardest things to take still pictures of because they are constantly strutting about and scratching around. But, chickens are very entertaining and movies turn out well.

Steven,
All is well with us in the Great North Woods. Been a little on the dry side around these parts too, even though we have had rain in spurts. I need to talk to you soon about your July workshop.

Leslie,
As far as I'm concerned these newfangled gadgets aren't automatic enough. My daughter understands all those buttons and settings and such. She adapts to it right away.

Russ

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home