Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Country Christmas

There's nothing like Christmas time in the country. I can't imagine a better place to celebrate the birth of Christ.

This morning the house is full of Christmas music and the smell of a fine country breakfast cooking on the stove. Well, this time of the morning it'll be brunch. But, a country breakfast is great any time of the day.

Our household is certainly in the Christmas mood this morning as we're getting a wintery blast of mixed snow and rain and we aren't going any place today. We have a fresh cut Christmas tree sitting in the living room ready for decoration. Friends and neighbors of ours, John and Scarlet, graciously gave us one of their trees from their plantation. It's a perfect tree. They really know how to shape their trees, they're works of art really. You can tell a labor of love went into it.

Other friends of ours
John and Marge recently started a new adventure. They opened up a re-sale shop in Rhinelander called the Share Store. Part of the profits will go to area causes like the Rhinelander Food Pantry, the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign and the Rhinelander Animal Shelter. We're really glad for them since it's been a long time coming, it's been kind of in the talking stages for several years. And now finally the Lord has opened the doors for it all to become a reality with a perfect location on a busy corner. We keep hearing lots of positive comments coming from people regarding the store. Seems it's a great time for a place like that to open up in these uncertain financial times where people are tightening their belts and being more frugal. Also for those who have plenty it's a great place in these times to donate unwanted items.

Tomorrow morning my Mom and Dad will be traveling down to Wausau so that my Dad can have a procedure done. A preliminary inspection of his arteries before he has heart surgery. They'll be going into his arteries with a scope to see if there any blockages that they would take care of during surgery if there are any. Plus I think they'll be taking a look at the bad valve as well, but I'm not positive about that. I'll have to find out from my folks later when I go over to see them. Again if you would pray for my Dad tomorrow it would be appreciated, plus for their safety on the highway since the snowey wet weather is supposed to continue throughout the night into Monday morning. And it's a 7o mile drive down there.

I've been tinkering around with our daughters acoustic guitar lately and the ends of my fingers are numb. It feels funny typing on the keyboard here. I suppose they'll get toughened up if I keep at it, though I don't know if the numbness will ever go away.

Well, better sign off here so that I can go enjoy that hearty country breakfast with my family.


Until Next Time

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Bartlett said...

Please keep up posted on your Dad.

9:46 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Sure thing Lynn. You must have posted this comment as I was typing up the above post called If The Shoe Fits. In it I include a paragraph about my dad.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home