Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The 2-11 "Punch"

I've been following the rhetoric between the U.S. and Iran for a couple years or so. Frankly I'm tired of all the name calling and political posturing between the two nations. But, when I first starting hearing it heating up some time ago, I was concerned that there might be an actual war. This was a couple years ago, at least. And I was concerned that a war with Iran might come with consequences not seen in the wars against Afghanistan and Iraq. There was plenty of nasty things a war with Iran could produce. This time it might not be life as usual in the good ole USA.

We even did what I called an Iran War stock up. We laid up provisions in case the normal supply chain was somehow broken or disrupted for who knows how long.

But, here we are in 2010 with some more noise being made in the direction of Iran, again. I think it was last week when I began to see the headlines about some stuff the Ayatollah was saying. According to the website
Breitbart he said that Iran would deliver some kind of blow that would "stun world powers" on February 11, which is tomorrow. I'm assuming that would mean the U.S. as well.
The story begins with this;

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Monday that Iran is set to deliver a "punch" that will stun world powers during this week's 31st anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

"The Iranian nation, with its unity and God's grace, will punch the arrogance (Western powers) on the 22nd of Bahman (February 11) in a way that will leave them stunned," Khamenei, who is also Iran's commander-in-chief, told a gathering of air force personnel.
Click here for the rest of the article.

Today when I got home I was checking out the headlines on WND and in the top spot was this article What tomorrow's Iranian 'punch' might mean
The opinion expressed on World Net Daily was a little more in line with what my gut was telling me would happen. Basically more political posturing from Iran, if a read it correctly, but with a military muscle flexing. You can check it out for your self to see what I mean.

Personally I don't think that the big threat for tomorrow will amount to much. I hope I'm right. Hopefully it will be just some more of the wearying threats and mud slinging.

However, this has been going on for a lot of years now starting with Bush's "axis of evil" which Iran was a part of. It would seem that one day the pot is going to boil over.

Just in case, today we did a little more stock up in area's we were weak in. I think it is a prudent thing to do as I've stated many times before on this blog.


I really don't think much is going to happen tomorrow but, I am anxious to see what comes of it, if anything. There are folks that don't think the US will ever do much of anything to Iran because of the prophecy that would indicate an alignment between Iran/Persia and Russia in the "Gog Magog" war. The thinking is that Iran has to remain a deciding factor in the middle east until then.

We can only wait and see.

Until Next Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home