Monday, March 04, 2013

something interesting

Just thought I'd record an interesting note here.  I was outside doing my night time chores at about 8:30 pm and I noticed aurora lights to the south.  The kind that shoot up like white spot lights.  Then I noticed that they also were shooting up to the west.  So I looked all around and they were to the north as well and also to the east.  Never in my life have I seen aurora's from the north, south, east and west all at the same time. 

 

It's kind of funny, when I first went out it was too cloudy to even see the stars all that well then after a little bit the clouds went away and the stars were brilliant that's when I noticed the southern lights.  I couldn't keep it to myself so I went back to the house to tell the family about it.  It was cool to share it with everyone.  But then after a bit the clouds began to obscure the lights and now as I write you can't even see the stars it's so cloudy. 

 

I'm glad to have had the chance to see something I've never seen before in my life.  I've seen some pretty amazing aurora's before but this was a first for us to see them from every direction at once.  At least twice before in the past we've seen the northern lights and the southern lights at the same time and once they even went up and connected over head. 

 

Anyway just thought I'd record it here just for my own personal information and if anyone else might find it interesting then great. 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Blog.
Thanks for nice sharing. I like it.
Blokhut
Thanks.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home