Thursday, September 30, 2010

Animal cruelty at a factory farm

Below is a link to a news story I saw this morning while looking at World Net Daily. It is a very disturbing look at animal cruelty at what I would call a factory farm. While animal cruelty is certainly not limited to factory farms it just shows what can happen when a farm reaches a size to have to hire outside help and the owners become detached from the daily happenings of the operation. And assuming the owners were not complicit with such depraved behavior.

In my opinion the young men involved, the perpetrators of the violence, got off WAY to easy. As far as the article tells only one of them got charged.

A video of the cruelty is included in the article, although very graphic and disturbing I think that people should look at it to see the level of depravity that can go on. It is in fact so cruel and violent that it makes me afraid that these guys are allowed to walk around free. If they can treat an animal with such disregard it wouldn't be much of a stretch to think they might do this to a person who would be weak or unable to defend themselves just as the poor animals were that they did this to.


The article in the link below tells the whole story and the video itself fills in any blanks that might have been left out. These guys shouldn't be allowed to get off lightly with this. The officials in this Ohio town should be flooded with letters demanding justice.

Farmhand gets 8 months in jail for beating Conklin dairy cows

Just for the record I feel just as passionate about the cruelty done to unborn children in this world as I do with cruelty done to animals. Just thought I'd mention that because it often irks me how people go on and on about the treatment of animals all the while remaining silent about the holocaust of babies that continues daily in this Country and around the world.

5 Comments:

Blogger Representative said...

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I can NOT comprehend the mind of a man who could think this up, let alone do such a thing. I'm still shaking. It's sickening.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Saska said...

I couldn't watch it. As my Dad use to say "somebody needs to do the same to him"...and I agree.

1:29 PM  
Blogger RL said...

I watched the whole video and it stayed with me the entire day. Even 3 days later I'm still shook up about it. I plan to write some letters to those county officials.

It's hard to imagine anyone being so cruel.

1:45 PM  
Blogger toongoon said...

Man Russ, this guy is completely crazy and violent. Anyone who can inflict this kind of pain on any of Gods creatures should not be allowed anywhere without supervision.

7:41 AM  
Blogger RL said...

Well said Toongoon!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home