Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dismal Headlines

When you look at recent headlines it almost seems like we're living in a dream. A bad dream.

A while back I cut my news sources down to mostly alternative sites like WorldNetDaily and Drudge Report because I got tired of looking at headlines about Brad and Angelina, or Madonna or Brittney. I could care less about their sordid lives. (Well Drudge does digress sometimes but, for the most part the headlines are less the fluff) Occasionally I'll look at Infowars but, I don't really care for Alex Jones style and all the grand standing. I listen to Radio Liberty just about everyday on my MP3 player.

I'd rather look at news that has direct implications on reality, things that can effect mine and the lives of those who I love.

It almost seems like our world has gone mad. We're involved in not one but, two no win wars and a new one could start at literally any moment, at least that's what we are led to believe. And what's with the renewed brinkmanship going on between the U.S. and Russia? The war in Georgia? Global power struggles with a nuclear hair trigger. Are these people insane or what?

America sets up
military outposts in former soviet nations, literally in Russia's back yard and so Russia sets up camp in our back yard. Indeed a dangerous game of cat and mouse.

And all the while our economy is at the beginning of cataclysmic change. Perhaps even a coming depression. But oh, the politicians call it a possible "recession" .

The article states,

"Bernanke's remarks about the risk of recession came in response to a question from Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., who seemed eager to hear a strong rationale for lawmakers to act swiftly on the administration's unprecedented request. "The financial markets are in quite fragile condition and I think absent a plan they will get worse,"
Bernanke said.
Ominously, he added, "I believe if the credit markets are not functioning, that jobs will be lost, that our credit rate will rise, more houses will be foreclosed upon, GDP will contract, that the economy will just not be able to recover in a normal, healthy way."

GDP is a measure of growth, and a decline correlates with a recession. "

So where's all the hundreds of "billions" of dollars going to come from to bail out all these financial institutions? I thought the government was already in debt to the moon and back. Where are they going to get the money? Off the backs of you and me I reckon. Not just you and me but our children, our grand children and our great, great grand children. As I've admitted in the past I don't pretend to know about high finances but, something smells rotten in the hen house, with what's going on out there.

These are unprecedented times we're living in.



Until Next Time

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

I'm glad you're getting your news from the sources telling the truth--the rest of the MSM is just distracting people from what really matters.

By the way, I'm listening to Radio Liberty as I type. :-) I'm a daily listener, too, great information.

Keep up the good work!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Russ!

Seems that those dark storm clouds that we've been watching approach these past couple of years are overhead.

I'm feeling the first heavy raindrops and the wind is picking up.

Get the critters under shelter, the clothes off the line, the windows closed. Looks like it could be one heck of a storm.

Hope we don't have to ride it out in the root cellar/storm shelter!

Your long, lost friend!
Mountain Firekeeper

7:57 PM  
Blogger RL said...

Thanks Jonathan! Another problem with looking to MSM is that our thinking is manipulated towards a worldly and purely humanistic point of view.

Russ

10:54 AM  
Blogger RL said...

Howdy, my "long, lost friend"! We got your email and I sent you a reply late last night.

Your description here of "feeling the first heavy raindrops and the wind picking up" is a great picture of what is currently happening.

Good to hear from you!

Your Friend,
Russ

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home