Friday, August 13, 2010

It's a BEAR!!!

I went out in the woods to check on the game camera and was surprised to see this big fella on the pics. Actually it's the only thing on the camera this time. Reckon he's higher up on the "food chain". It might be hard to judge it's size but, I know the area it is covering and it's a big'un. I have no idea whether it is a male or female just by looking at it. I'm leaning towards thinking it is a male because it seems masculine to me. Maybe someone out there would know by looking at the pictures what sex it really is.

I was surprised and not surprised all at the same time to see this black bear. I figured one would show up since we have many in this area. So every time I check the camera I wonder if one will show up. This time we hit the jack pot! There were 50 pictures in all. Guess it's more ham than it is bear! Ha, ha




Check out the size of this dudes paw!



In this picture you can see the width of it's head as it was taken from behind. I'm guessing the space between this black bears ears to be between 6" and 8" inches.

Just a side note. I thought it fitting to eat a piece of bear jerky while I did this post. It sure was good!

Until Next Time

2 Comments:

Anonymous MichelleC said...

Oh My! these are great close up pictures that you got. My kids enjoyed seeing them. Thank you for sharing.

10:32 PM  
Blogger RL said...

I'm glad your kids enjoyed seeing them!

Your welcome and thanks for the comment.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home